cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Query builder report of WTPart has duplicate results

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite

Query builder report of WTPart has duplicate results

I'm trying to create a report with query builder that shows WTParts with IBAs & two different WTDocument types with their IBAs associated with that WTPart. I've been able to show the WTPart with it's IBAs & the documents. But when I add IBAs from one of my WTDocuments, I receive many duplicate results. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent these duplicate results?

3 REPLIES 3

It might be because of derived columns included in the select or a wrong join. If your select is on non-derived  columns, then you can check the distinct check box in the select properties. Could you paste a screenshot of the joins or even post the QML?

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite
(To:BineshKumar1)

Binesh,

Here is the QML. I guess I don't understand the difference between derived & non-derived. Can you explain the differences? I also did not see a distinct checkbox in the select properties.

Derived attributes are the ones with out a green arrow, when you pick the attributes in the select. In below screenshot, except name and number, rest are all derived attributes. So when you  select distinct (Select the "Select Tree" in the select tab and you will see distinct checkbox on right), it is applicable only to non derived attributes.

In your case, since you have picked attributes from multiple subtypes of wtdocuments, it results in duplicate rows, along with that you have selected the root document type as well. Instead what you can do is you can create a independent queries and union all of them.Unfortunately this cannot be done from the user interface. You will have to edit the QML and import it. Hope this is fixed in WC11.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS157493

Top Tags