cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Replication Testing in new Windchill environment

ToddSwartz
5-Regular Member

Replication Testing in new Windchill environment

I have setup a new replication server that is half way around the world and we are trying to do some testing with it. I have successfully replicated items to it from our master server and I can verify that by seeing the files in the correct folders on the replica.

I am trying to get a feel for how much time the replication server will save by checking out some files from the replica. I am physically located near the master. Problem is, I am not seeing any real difference in time when I getting files from the replica or the master when checking out from the same machine. I have tried clearing cache, double checking my preferences of replica or master and download options. Still, no difference in times. It is loading 20+ mb files in a matter of few seconds.

Does anyone know of a method to show where the files are actually coming? In Intralink 3.4, you could do a checkout as linked and then add the filepath to your view in the workspace and it would show where the source file was coming from. Then you could verify the replica server name.

I am sure there is probably a simple method for doing this in Windchill, but I have not been able to find it.

Any help is appreciated, Todd

2 REPLIES 2

The simplest i can think of is install firebug in firefox and then look at network connection that are created. The call to download the file content should point to your replica server.

In the apache access log also there should be entry.

Also, i hope you have set you preference to use replica server.

rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:ToddSwartz)

Did you set the ser preferences to acess the replica?

Top Tags