cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Revision from Search Window vs Folder View

qnen
4-Participant

Revision from Search Window vs Folder View

I have a user who prefers to find items by navigating to the Context->folder.   Some times when he tries to revise an item from the folder view, he gets the "loading wheel of death".     If he uses the Windchill search (upper right of screen), and attempts a revision from the search results window, it almost always is successful.

This is a standalone instance of Windchill 11.x (not embedded in Creo).   I believe he is using Chrome.   Any thoughts on why the difference in results while trying to do the exact same thing?   (only apparent difference is one is from the folder view, one is from the search result window). 

Please note this is not a permission or lifecycle question.   He is able to do the revise from the search results.   He wants to do it from the folder view, but Windchill is being stubborn.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:qnen)

Hello,

I can give some insight. Folder browser page is complex page and it takes time to display all the items in the particular folder. Try limiting that display either by choosing appropriate views or using custom views. 

Search on the other hand just displays limited number of items and takes directly to the details page. I feel this approach better in searching and doing operations on objects.

Regards

Ajit 

Top Tags