cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Running CREO publisher on Different Server

borourke
10-Marble

Running CREO publisher on Different Server

We are running our Creo publisher on a separate server and have recently begun receiving the following error:

Failed to register Windchill server  "publish2759967848149056590tmp" - -22

Working with PTC on this. Moved the publisher back to the Windchill server, but get occasional memory errors causing the Windchill server to restart. many thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:borourke)
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What is your system reboot schedule?

If you reboot your Windchill servers without rebooting the publisher, this will cause the systems to not communicate.

I reboot my Windchill and Oracle serevrs at 5:00AM and the publisher at 4:45AM every day.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Really?!?  I restart my servers all the time and almost never restart my CAD workers.  I could see where restarting a CAD worker could cause Windchill to mark it as "won't start", but this status is easy to change from the site utilities page.  I've never needed to restart a CAD worker to force it to start communicating with Windchill again.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TomU)

Maybe I just do it out of habit! Pro/E used to leave memory blocks tied up after exiting, so we used to recommend that workstations be rebooted every day to clear memory. I guess I have just carried that on with the publisher. That was also in the 2GB 32-bit Win XP days, so maybe with Win 7-64bit I am doing too much.

I know when my users complain that some function in Creo is not working as they expect, my first question is "When did you last reboot?" 95% of the time they do not come back with that problem.

Something else I need to mention. We are using SiteMinder for our user logon.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

PTC's publishing process creates many temporary files some of which do not get cleaned up. If you get too many of these it will lead to publishing problems. Obviously you need to run the purge.bat which exists in the worker directory and also remove from the setup directory:

• .wf directory
  • .wld directory

You also need to regularly clean up the files and directories created in the %AppData%/Local/Temp directory:

• fb*.tmp files
  • proe2pvd.* directories
  • ptc*.tmp files
  • proe2pvo.* files

I have seen "failed to register Windchill server" errors when too many of these Temp files/dirs exist.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Just yesterday I found about 40 GB of temp files in that Temp directory that Randy Jones‌ mentioned and also in here for document publishing:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Word

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO

We just now updated our Creo Worker to 3.1 M010 and added this property, wt.auth.Trustedhosts, and the 22 error is gone and publishing works.

Top Tags