cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

SQL and Data Migration Utility (Intralink 3.4 to Intralink 10.2)

Robert-Altman
7-Bedrock

SQL and Data Migration Utility (Intralink 3.4 to Intralink 10.2)

I'm sure recently that I saw a topic in a document that indicated that I will need to utilize Oracle instead of SQL because the Data Migration Utility used for Intralink 3.4 to Windchill is not compatible with SQL?

Does anyone know what Windchill Admin User Guide I may have saw this in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe that it's in the guide for the migration utility itself.  Oracle is the only choice.

Also, it only works thru 10.2 - can't go directly to Windchill 11 from Intralink 3.x.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I believe that it's in the guide for the migration utility itself.  Oracle is the only choice.

Also, it only works thru 10.2 - can't go directly to Windchill 11 from Intralink 3.x.

That's  correct. If you are on intralink, I think you will have a bundled version of Oracle which comes with it. Once you are done with Intralink migration with Oracle as target system, you can use SQL server migration utility from PTC to switch to SQL Server. This process is pretty much streamlined in 10.2. Depending on the size of the database, this can be done as the post migration step.

This article gives a good overview of the process - https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS224479

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Top Tags