cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Server not available message... but everything is working.

smandel
5-Regular Member

Server not available message... but everything is working.

Hi there. I'm using the embedded browser in Creo to work with Windchill and am getting some odd behavior. Every time I start Creo, when the browser goes to the home page (Windchill), I get a pop up message that says "The server xxxxx is currently not available. Check your connection to the server or contact an administrator." The xxxxx being our Windchill server. But, the odd thing is that, after I click okay, everything seems to be functioning just fine. I'm not sure if the error is coming from the browser or from Creo itself, but they both seem to be connected. Has anyone else come across this? Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

It sounds like you might be seeing the same issue described in article CS137923. Try implementing one of the resolutions suggested in the article and see if that resolves your issue.

smandel
5-Regular Member
(To:ChrisSpartz)

Thank you Chris. That does seem to be related. I have checked to be sure that the address is correct and contains the /app. That doesn't seem to be it. It looks like it must have to do with the Mozilla browser, but when I set it to use IE I get a different issue with the page not coming up correctly at all. So, for right now at least, it looks like there is no way around it. I appreciate the help.

If you open up a standalone browser and navigate to the Windchill site, do you see any issue accessing Windchill that way? Or do you only have the problem when accessing Windchill through the embedded Creo browser?

smandel
5-Regular Member
(To:ChrisSpartz)

Chris - It works fine in a standalone browser. Thanks.

mmuth
1-Newbie
(To:smandel)

When you say "everything is working fine", do you mean that you are able to search Windchill, do check-ins and check-outs, etc? Or just that Creo works as expected?

smandel
5-Regular Member
(To:mmuth)

Mary-Ann - Both Windchill and Creo behave as though there is no issue. The pop-up is the only sign that anything is wrong. - Thanks

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:smandel)

Susan, what do you mean that the page doesn't come up correctly when you use the IE browser?

Are you using Single Sign On in your environment? This is an article that lists common reasons for "server not available"/offline messages:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS129947

Does this also happen with a new workspace cache?

If you haven't done so already it may be worthwhile opening a Tech Support case for this as there are a lot of different reasons why this message could pop up. Some Fiddler captures/WGM logging may be necessary to get to the bottom of this.

Top Tags