cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Show list of users in "Add Participants" when I creat a new discussion

ptc-5452031
1-Newbie

Show list of users in "Add Participants" when I creat a new discussion

Hi guys!

I am trying to create a discussion and add participants.

But When I click in "add" it shows me two options, team and all participants.

But the both options shows me the same thing (only groups)

Does anybody know how I configure this to show users in the list?

Thanks a lot.

6 REPLIES 6

The list populates the group you added to the Context Team. If you add the user other than group should populate it in the list seperately.

The list shows-me the "Groups", not the users inside groups.

I created a Role and add the user by user inside this role.

So, now I can see user by user when I add participants to a discussion.

I thing this isn't the correct mode to do this. But Works!

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-5452031)

Your assesment is correct. The Add Participants window only lists "who" is listed in the context team. In this case it is all Groups. I would imagine the same is true for Shared Teams or Organizations. While this gave the context admin and easy way to add a set of users, it has limited your ability to select individual users as Discussion Topic Participants.

This appears to be an issue with the way PTC implemented the Add Participants UI. It does not allow the typical participant selection techniques, only selection from the list of context team members.

I see two options here. One, auto-expand the Groups and Shared Teams (possibly Orgs) in the current Add Participants window. Two, replace the current Add Participants window with the Find Participant window, which would give you direct access to Users, Groups and Organizations.

Thank you for pointing out this limitation. It was something PTC did not consider in the initial design for Discussion Participants. If possible, please submit an Idea for this issue to give it awareness and consideration for a future release of Windchill.

We have this same issue in the Set Up Participants. All of our users are in Groups within the Context Team. How do I select a user?

When I use Set Up Participants, I create a new team and add the groups in this team

Then I don't have problems with users...

I don't need to add the whole group though, just one or two users from that group. The team is already there in the Context (library).

Top Tags