cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

SolidWorks CAD Worker Amazon Web Services (AWS)

JohnArchibald
4-Participant

SolidWorks CAD Worker Amazon Web Services (AWS)

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.2.1

We are running a SolidWorks cad worker on AWS (Amazon Web Services) on a Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Datacenter
EC2 Server connecting to a Windchill Cluster.

We have random errors: "There are no more files", or "worker has stopped". When we republish, all is fine.

This is all very random, when it works all is fine and we have not experienced this prior to using AWS; however, that was WC 11.

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

We had all sorts of random and untraceable issues running SW CAD Worker on Windows server version (2012, 2016, 2019). with the Cview Adapters 9, it is explicitly stated that it is only fully supported with that portion on a Windows desktop OS machine (We use Windows 10) and then there are some special. Since running on W10, we have seen almost zero SW Worker issues in about 14 months.  I would suggest maybe testing out the worker on a Windows 10 machine (or 11 if it is supported - I can't remember). and see if that fixes the issues

JohnArchibald
4-Participant
(To:jbailey)

Thanks, I have set up a meeting to see just how we can get that done in AWS.

Kind regards, John

Hello JohnArchibald,

You encountered unexpected behavior while using Windchill, thanks for reaching out, this is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe:

Was the information provided helpful somehow?

Or may I suggest you open a new case for this question?

KR,

Charles.

Top Tags