cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Solr Indexing with PDMLink 11.0 M020

borourke
10-Marble

Solr Indexing with PDMLink 11.0 M020

Just completed an upgrade from 10.2 M030 to 11.0 M020, and started the Solr indexing. Have just north of 1 million objects. Keep getting 460K w/o policies, with remaining ones staing in the 'remaining objects' category and never processing. Tried deleting the list and reindexing several times but to no avail. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues. Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:borourke)

A while back I studied indexing intensely. Really lousy that PTC doesn't give tools to get more feedback on the process, especially objects that are not indexed.  You can learn quite a lot by limiting the object types in the collection (wblib), starting say with only WTDocument or EPMDocument.  I did a bunch of studies of the quantities in the database vs. those reported by indexing.  Also was able to developed some query builder reports that identified specific ones not indexed.

I'm baffled that PTC still has indexing of drawings turned off by default - and that the example they give for enabling focuses on enabling for models (PRT, ASM), not for Drawings.  Who wants to have models returned for an index search?

Sure would like to have enabling index search be a radio button on the Search page rather than using a Preference also.

Right the challenge that I have in our system is that Creo Parametric drawings are indexed but SolidWorks drawings are not, so it's not as useful as it could be.

Mike Lockwood wrote:

I'm baffled that PTC still has indexing of drawings turned off by default - and that the example they give for enabling focuses on enabling for models (PRT, ASM), not for Drawings.  Who wants to have models returned for an index search?

What about those that don't use drawings but use MBD?  For most assemblies we have done away with drawings and put notes in the assembly models.

Good point - I stand corrected.

Have you tested whether index search finds text in 3D model notes?  Hope so.

Not lately.  It seems that something isn't right because it isn't coming up with anything notes in 3D models.  I thought it was working a while ago, but now I'm not sure.  Guess I'll be opening a tech support call.

Top Tags