cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Supported method to rename JNDI Adapter

EmmettT
4-Participant

Supported method to rename JNDI Adapter

If you happen to create a JNDI adapter that references the hostname and at some stage upgrade Windchill, the hostname is migrated to the new system. That can cause confusion as it may seem that the upgraded system is referencing the source, allowing cross-talk.

What is the supported method to rename the JNDI Adapter?

It would need to at least address the name in Info*Engine and the wt.federation.org.directoryServices property. This article asks the question, but does not answer it:
Article - CS361116 - Is it possible to change JNDI AD Adapter name or URL for the upgrading in Windchill 12.0 (ptc.com)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:EmmettT)

To prevent cross talk in the target system, I makes sure that any old hostnames are redirected on the target's hosts file to 127.0.0.1. Once upgraded, its fairly easy to edit on IEConf folder. In my case, I had a JNDI adapter for ActiveDirectory that was used for esignature. It was easy enough to not migrate this and recreate it via the UI after upgrade. 

EmmettT
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

How would you suggest to handle the disconnected participants if the adapter is rebuilt outside of the upgrade?

EmmettT
4-Participant
EmmettT
4-Participant

Some notes on this solution:

• While renaming the JNDI Adapter, you need to not only rename Service Name and Runtime Service Name, but also all of the references in each of the properties for that adapter
  • For Windchill 12.1 and later, you do not need to execute the steps related to the configuration node because that is no longer in LDAP
HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

This may indeed come handy.

However, a noob question, what would be the implications of cross-talk occurring?

Top Tags