cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

The Build Associated Part function missing parts?

doehr
1-Newbie

The Build Associated Part function missing parts?

Hi there,

I have a user who is reporting that the Build Associated Part function for a CAD assembly is actually missing some of the structure occasionally (i.e. using that function only puts 58 of the 61 parts into the WT part assembly, but another unofficial technique was able to fix it).

Anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this?

Please advise,

Daryl

5 REPLIES 5

Usually missing components are because they are either not associated, or the association is not built. Best bet is to load the compare tool and see what doesn't line up, then build out the missing ones. Beyond that some edits to the WTPart structure BOM lines can affect the ability to build, particularly if the UOM is not Each.

jhall2
6-Contributor
(To:LewisLawrence)

Lewis,

Are you saying that the only UOM available for building the CAD structure is Each?

James

Yes I am saying that only each is a valid UOM for CAD driving associations and building structure. I am a little behind on what is new in the latest release of Windchill. But certainly in the past this was a limitation. I am only talking about the Default UOM applied to a WTPart (on the WTPart Master) and the related UOM used in the BOM table (on the WTPart Usage Link), attribute/parameter Measurement Units are a different thing.

Well that is an incredibly subtle and annoying aspect...I'll start the hunt and let you know, thanks for the info.

Well, did some digging but unfortunately all of the components of the CAD assembly that were missing in the WT part structure were already set to Each, so I still have to dig some more.

Top Tags