cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Timestamp Difference Between Database Table and Windchill GUI

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Timestamp Difference Between Database Table and Windchill GUI

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1.2.6.

Why is the timestamp off from what is in the SQL database to what is presented in Windchill? I do not know what the database is using for the time zone since it is 3 hours off from EST right now. So that isn't even UTC time. I have a task that in the database is showing created December 9, 2023, 12:16 AM and in the interface it shows 2023-12-08 19:16 EST, which is only 3 hours and not the standard 5 for UTC.

I am trying to setup metrics using Metabase and this is throwing averages off on some items.

8 REPLIES 8

Look in the Windchill Preferences for Attribute Handling and the setting for Local Time Zone. We found a bug in the system that it must be set at the Site level preferences in order to display times in the information pages in the correct local time. The database, at least with Oracle, uses UTC to store the time.

Hi @BenLoosli 

Also the time store in UTC is ok, but if the database server has wrong local zone settings it can case also the time differences.

PetrH

I saw, just yesterday, this presentation on version 13.0.1 where they explained that, among the new features, is that in the query builder reports make sure that problems on dates are fixed when the system is set up with a local language.

What's New for Windchill 13.0.1
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Tips/What-s-New-for-Windchill-13-0-1/ta-p/918755

Marco

I will take a look at this but I am using Metabase as a reporting tool so that I can have nice dashboards for management.

@HelesicPetr what are the settings that I need to look for on the server?

What OS do you use?

Window Linux? 

HelesicPetr_0-1708092096090.png

PetrH

Windows server.

It shows the correct settings for my time zone

BrianToussaint_0-1708092506129.png

Hello BrianToussaint,
Was the information provided helpful somehow?
KR,
Charles.

Top Tags