cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unable to delete sub-domain from Policy Adminstration (Bug?)

WL_10206515
3-Visitor

Unable to delete sub-domain from Policy Adminstration (Bug?)

(Running Windchill 11.2.1.17)

Hi All, I have come across a rather annoying issue with Policy Administration and the sub-domains.

I was messing around with restricting access to certain folders via sub-domains, following exactly what this thread said to do. I created a new role 'Confidential Users' and added people to this role, however, I wanted to rename it, so I deleted it and created a new role under a new name (It didn't give me the option to rename so I did this).

Then I went back to the policy administration tab to add/edit the access control rule to use the new role, however, all previous access control rules disappeared, and I cannot add in new ones - the create new policy button is gone, leaving only the edit, delete and list buttons as seen in the image below.

WL_10206515_3-1709453934828.png

WL_10206515_4-1709454501783.png

So now I have a folder that I cannot delete because I cannot see it due to the sub-domains access control rule, and a sub-domain I cannot add new rules to, thus preventing me from ever seeing the folder again and deleting it.

I tried to make a new sub-domain as I gave up on deleting it, but right after I added the new access control rules to the new sub-domain - before I even made a new folder to use this sub-domain (or any files for that matter), the same behavior happened - all the rules I added disappeared and I cannot delete it as it is referenced by other objects (Which is impossible as I just made it and haven't used it anywhere yet)

Does anyone have any idea what to do with this? Is this a potential bug?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:WL_10206515)

This is not a BUG , windchill tries to keep integrity ,the given domain is referenced by other objects, and deleting it will keep orphan refences ,and when accessing these objects will get a NullPointerException .

you need to run plfind (Oracle) to find what objects are referencing this objects 

extract that script into your windchill folder and run it with the ID 

the ID is in the log ;

Fadel_0-1709540135757.png

run the script with that id and you will get short list of tables in DB referencing that domain :

Fadel_1-1709540207239.png

you have to cut to business objects referencing the domain  

Fede

Hi Fadel, I understand that part but that is not what I'm referencing too as the "bug". The problem is that I cannot delete the folder referencing the sub domain as I cannot edit the access control rules (create new button missing), and I cannot delete the sub domain as it's referenced by the now hidden folder (which prevents me from deleting the folder too!). This is the first sub-domain. 

In my original post I mentioned that I made a second sub domain after giving up on the first one. The moment after I gave it the new access control rules, the same issue happened. It said I have other objects referenced to it when I very certainly do not as I have not used this domain anywhere yet. I thought this was the bug since how can a freshly created sub domain already be referenced by something?

Thanks for the script though and your time in helping me, I'll give that a test soon

Will

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:WL_10206515)

we have a workaround for this situation , we can disable the acls service and do what have to do and the re-set acls 

set below property to false  , restart server , correct the acls ,delete folder ...

wt.access.enforce

Fadel_0-1709540909647.png

Fede

Hi Fadel, 

Unfortunately I do not have the power to restart the server (nor do I think those who do would restart it for this). Is there any reason why the create new access control rule button is missing? I have this button on other sub domains, just not the aforementioned two in my original post.

Thanks

Will

Top Tags