cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unable to launch integrated application of Windchill with AutoDesk Inventor 2021

dnyanesh_maid
7-Bedrock

Unable to launch integrated application of Windchill with AutoDesk Inventor 2021

Dear Team,

We are using PTC Windchill WGM for Creo Cad data management since many years and it is working fine without any failure of opening both integrated application with one batch file.

Since last 1.5 year we introduced Windchill WGM for our AutoDesk Inventor 2021 CAD application and other CAD Softwares.

I am mostly using AutoDesk Inventor with Windchill WGM and facing a biggest and frequent issue.

As we all know for working with both applications it is necessary to open Inventor 2021 and Windchill with integrated status where I can open the CAD files from both application and work on it. But when launching AutoDesk Inventor and Windchill with one batch file I am getting error “Unable to connect to Windchill Workgroup Manager. If more than one instance of the authoring application is running, the new one will run disconnected.” Please refer attached snap image for your reference.

From above it is clear that there is another AutoDesk Inventor application file is running in backside PC process and when we are checking it with “Task Manage>Details” it does not show any AutoDesk Inventor file is running in the process list.

My PLM Team colleague checked it lots of time all possibilities but no confirm solution is found out and have to spend lots of unnecessary time to launch both integrated applications with one batch file. We have tried following things.

• Ending all process and starting the application again
  • Shutdown the PC for 10 mins then restarting and launching the applications
  • Have to reconfigure the WGM by taking backup of all the files etc.

Hence requesting all of you, if having any solution on it so that I can save my lots time for doing trial and error to start AutoDesk and Windchill Integrated application on my PC.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Dnyaneshwar Maid

Mit bestem Dank/With best regards,
Dnyaneshwar Maid
Miba Engineering Center India Pvt. Ltd.
Baner road, Pune – 411045, India
M: +91 / 87 93 219314

1 REPLY 1

Are you saying that you created a batch file that calls Inventor and calls WWGM? If so, you shouldn't need to do that. 

Typically, you would open WWGM, register your CAD application (Inventor) and then close the WWGM. Then you should just open you CAD application and it will call the WWGM on its own. 

If I were a betting man, I would say that when you are calling the CAD application in the bat file its opening the WWGM and then you are calling the WWGM again in your batch file. 

Top Tags