cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Unable to reset license profiles using wt.licenseusage.LoadLicenseProfiles - class not found

DarrenStorey
7-Bedrock

Unable to reset license profiles using wt.licenseusage.LoadLicenseProfiles - class not found

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.6

Windchill 12.0.2.6 test system has disabled license groups. Found a related solution but it does not seem to work in this case.

Article - CS374214 - Some License Profiles got disabled after upgrade in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)
Article - CS344602 - How to manually load License Profiles and License Groups in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)

Runnng command states that class not found

Here are the errors that I faced
Error: Could not find or load main class wt.licenseusage.LoadLicenseProfiles

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:DarrenStorey)

Did you attempt this from a Windchill shell?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

Likely need to run with a Windchill shell launched "As Administrator" also.

Hi @DarrenStorey 

what is your issue ? some license groups are disabled permanently

If a user is in a disabled profile thanks some old license groups  the group should not be used anymore so you need to remove users from that license group and allocate them to actual license groups.

For example PTC ProjectLink Module License can not be used because profile connected with this group is disabled and it is the problem.

It helped me in my case to alocate users to different licence group example a PTC Windchill Base License.

In my case the disabled groups do not show functions and menu items correctly based on the trouble with combination with disabled and not disabled profiles 

PetrH 

Top Tags