cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Ussed format in a drawing and checkin in WINDCHILL 12.1

jtorres
5-Regular Member

Ussed format in a drawing and checkin in WINDCHILL 12.1

I am using Windchill Foundation & PDM Release N/A and Datecode with CPS N/A

When make a drawing with a format option and thins drawing checkin in Windchill 12.1.2.0 the format always pass to Windchill too. If this format out of the space work, the next time to save drawing, format I see it again.
Always I have to see the format when I work with Drawing?
There are any option for Windchill don't see the format?
6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:jtorres)

I remember seeing some older posts on this topic but here are some I found:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Noobie-question-on-formats/m-p/206740

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/Which-decides-format-directory-path-or-Workspace/m-p/299949

Short answer is that the format is a dependent so it needs to be checked in. I recommend creating a library and a folder for your company standard formats. You should lock these down from modification only by admins or librarians but all can read/download. If you have your config.pro pointing to your format folder outside of Windchill, you will see sometimes that the format shows new in your workspace. I would look to change the path to the Windchill folder I recommended above, this way they always get downloaded from the system. And on check in, you will see the format in the list but its not being modified so it can be ignored.

jtorres
5-Regular Member
(To:avillanueva)

Ok, I see.

I have a specificaly library with formats, but if every time that i have a drawing in whindchill i have a format and i have 20 drawings in a spacework i will see 20 formats. Is dificult to manage this if i need check in many objects like this.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Why so many formats? Don't your drawings share common formats? Ensure that you have setting to lock objects in workspace as read only if they are dependents and come along for the ride. You can also use featured objects table view to hide items that you are not actively working on.

jtorres
5-Regular Member

Sorry for the disturbances, i am new in WCH. Im testing for to implementate en a departament. 

I have teen difeents formats: A4V, A4H to A0V and A0H. Then is i have 3 drawings with diferents formats, i see 3 formats. But if the 3 drawings have it the same format, only i see 1 format.

"Ensure that you have setting to lock objects in workspace as read only if they are dependents and come along for the ride. You can also use featured objects table view to hide items that you are not actively working on"

This is a interesting options.

Can you explain me how to make it?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

see "Automatically Lock All Objects Added To Workspace" preference:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FCADxFileMenuObjAdd.html

jtorres
5-Regular Member

oK, Thank you very much

I will see it.

Top Tags