cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Viewables Not Transferring to Commonspace on Check In

trailhead
4-Participant

Viewables Not Transferring to Commonspace on Check In

I'm having a problem with Viewables. When I save my checked out files, I can see that Windchill is creating Viewables them in the Workspace but when I check them in they don't always show in Commonspace. I'd say that lately I'm getting only about 10% of the Viewables appear in Commonspace.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Do you have a fix if you did?

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:trailhead)

Which CAD type and WWGM are you using? What are the viewable types? Did you check the Representations table of the content of the related EPMDocument? Normally, viewables will be there.

trailhead
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

Solidworks 2022, SP5.0, WWGM is 11.1. @avillanueva not sure how to find out viewable type. I did check the Representations table and here is what I saw:

trailhead_0-1685544882050.png

I'm a relative newb, so I don't necessarily understand everything you're saying.

I've tried viewing the thumbnail but I'm unable to because of no Creo View installation.

trailhead

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:trailhead)

the images were too low res to see anything but there are two options on creating them. You can generate then on the client side which looks like what you are doing. When they get checked in, they should get moved to the representations/annotation section and appear on main details tab as the thumbnail image. Get Creo View installed to see them. This means they are merged with the EPMDocument and would not appear in commonspace as an individual object in the folder.  The other way is to have a the server generate the viewables. I prefer this method. Setup a CAD worker for Solidworks. Whenever users check in data, it sends to worker to be published, create viewables and stores them against EPMDocument. You then do not need to specify check in models and viewables, you would do models only.

trailhead
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

"You can generate then on the client side which looks like what you are doing. When they get checked in, they should get moved to the representations/annotation section " Yes, as far as I know that is how we're managing/saving viewables. We are a LARGE company so changes move at the speed of snails. I can't even install new software without IT permission so I'm not holding my breath to load Creo View. They need to temporarily give me admin permissions to do it.

About this problem, I've only been seeing it the last week or so, everything was fine before that. Then all of a sudden it started and I get about 10% of my Viewables.

I need to move on to work, thank you for your attention.

Top Tags