cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Vulnerability Disclosure Email address cvd@ptc.com doesn't work

KU_10334240
2-Guest

Vulnerability Disclosure Email address cvd@ptc.com doesn't work

When I try to submit a vulnerability report following the instructions at https://www.ptc.com/en/documents/security/coordinated-vulnerability-disclosure, sending an email to cvd@ptc.com, I'm getting a reply from postmaster@ptc.com saying only senders of the same organization are allowed to use the cvd@ptc.com email address (see attached screenshot). What am I supposed to do to submit my report? Thanks.

PS: I don't think "Quality Mgmt" is the right label for this topic but there wasn't any other fitting better.

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KU_10334240)

Thank you for the hint but I'm a security researcher and my client is using windchill. I'm not a customer and do not have the required privilege level (actually I registered as a student).

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I submitted something.  I'll let you know what they say.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@KU_10334240,

According to tech support this has been fixed and cvd@ptc.com will now accept email from external addresses.  Please try to resubmit your vulnerability report and let me know if it doesn't work.  Thanks.

Many thanks! At least I haven't received any error message yet. Thanks for your contribution to software security.

Top Tags