cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

WGM marking checked-out files as out of date? Is this right?

SHOBrad
4-Participant

WGM marking checked-out files as out of date? Is this right?

Using WGM 12.1.2.1 and SolidWorks 2021

Here is the scenario: I have a part that is not released and has a sldprt and slddrw describing it.  I add just the sldprt to my workspace (clean). 

Check it out, open it in SW, modify it and save it. Workspace says its checked out and modified.  All is good.

Now select to add the slddrw with Dependents set to 'required' to my workspace.  When it says what to do with the file I have open (and checked out) I selected 'Do Not Close'.

Now the workspace says the sldprt (again that I have checked out) is out-of-date and won't let me check in my work.  Version and iteration of the part are the same in my workspace and in WC.  This has to be a bug?  Least version of WGM and SW2019 did not behave like this!  This is reproducible on multiple files for us.  HELP!  I've never seen a file in a workspace marked as checked out AND out of date.

SHOBrad_1-1709155213107.png

Brad

3 REPLIES 3
SHOBrad
4-Participant
(To:SHOBrad)

Bump.  No one else has seen this?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I won't be able to help but I am not sure how many users there are that use Windchill and Solidworks.

Have you tried submitting a case to PTC?

DmitryC
12-Amethyst

First, what are your default settings for adding to your workspace? Is it "Reuse" local content (on the screenshot) or forcibly "Download" files from the server again?

DmitryC_0-1709677106100.png

If it's "Reuse" - WWGM will keep locally modified files, no pop-ups will be shown, and no out-of-date issues will be in your workspace:

DmitryC_1-1709677328419.png

If it's "Download" - I wouldn't be surprised about different issues - you are replacing the contents of your CAD files while keeping the modified version opened in SolidWorks:

DmitryC_2-1709677417242.png

DmitryC_3-1709677559575.png

See how the "Modified" icon disappeared as well?

This does look like a bug, so I'd suggest reporting it, but it's a corner case imo, so it should not affect anything because (in most cases) users would want to keep the locally modified objects, or they should undo the check out first.

Otherwise, this checked out and out of date CAD can be easily fixed by doing workspace synchronization (Tools -> Synchronize)

Kind regards,

Dmitry

Top Tags