cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

WT parts (part numbers) with Manufacturing view and design view

VVII
7-Bedrock

WT parts (part numbers) with Manufacturing view and design view

Hi,

I'm trying to think solution to retrieve all design views that have manufacturing view, which have equivalent part but the link is out out of date. (Example: Manufacturing view A.1 is done from Design (A.1). Those part have valid equivalent link. Design view gets revised and is now B.1 --> equivalent link exists between part numbers but is not pointing to the latest.

I think this article can be utilized: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS72503

This query retrieves latest version of views when searching by part number.

First step where I need help. I would like to add check if per part number exists both design view and manufacturing view, then and then only it would return them. By this I could find all latest manufacturing views that have been made from design view. 

VVII_0-1712315957571.png

After that I was wondering the following; I could add to the tables and joins either manufacturing equivalence link or wt.vc.Iterated to get the actual RoleA - RoleB information. I'm not sure can I get the end result straight from query builder but I'm pretty sure if I get this far I can import the search result to excel and be able to finish it there with VBA or Excel functions.

Example out of date: Manufacturing 1.3 is pointing to older design that currently exists. (in this example I have added outer join between part and manufacturing equivalence link and searched by this specific part number, not the wanted solution, but something)

VVII_1-1712316837753.png

Tried to utilize multiple the "latest" fields to try to get upstream versus downstream information but my tests didn't pass and didn't manage to get the wanted end results...

I appreciate any help or solution 

Thanks in advance,

- VVII - 

2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:VVII)

Hi @VVII 

I'm sure that it is possible to achieve by querybuilder but it takes a time to create all joins. 

For example,

select all latest MFG parts that has a equivalence link to the DESIGN part

then create a subselect where you should select all latest design WTParts and

check if the revision is the latest and also if equals to the original design WTPart linked by equivalence link. 

easy 😄 

PetrH

Very easy 😅 I struggled with my own idea already for hours, making progress but eventually gave up when I realized that it wasn't as easy to implement. Maybe someone will still respond to this topic with XML that does the magic. 

Top Tags