cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Which is a better option installing workers on a windows OS or on the windows server?

AP_10483126
10-Marble

Which is a better option installing workers on a windows OS or on the windows server?

Which is a better option installing workers on a windows OS or on the windows server? Is there any difference when it comes to Azure ? Which of the two is better and why ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AP_10483126)

The product matrix shows AUTOCAD being supported on Windows 10 and 11 (depending on the version.)  The Creo View Adapters will run on a bunch of different operating systems, so it's not the limiting factor.  You may still be able to get the AUTOCAD worker processes running on a server OS, but it would appear it's not officially supported by PTC.

Creo View Adapters 10.1.0.0 Release Matrix - PTC Release Advisor

TomU_0-1712927283364.png

TomU_1-1712927363360.png

Windchill Workgroup Manager 13.0.1.1 Release Matrix - PTC Release Advisor

TomU_2-1712927415070.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @AP_10483126 ,

It's always good to use recommended windows platforms suggested by PTC documents. I observed very strange issue which are difficult to debug if you are using un-supported OS platforms.

Usually I will decide with the help of the software matrices. you can check for your version using link: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc
I am running Creo view adapter 10 and as per the matrices only Windows 10 and in some cases Windows 11 supported for Solidworks and Inventor worker.
page 4 for the document: https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Creo_View_Adapters/10,-d-,0/CreoViewAdaptersSoftwareMatrix.pdf?sc_lang=en

You can also follow these simple steps to make a decision.

Regards,

Hemant .

Thank you so much for the inputs.

So if i understand correctly the recommendation is to run on a windows os instead of windows server?

Do we have software matrix for AUTOCAD worker also ?

Hi @AP_10483126 

BTW as I know Microsoft licensing is very tricky because the Visualization worker is server application so it has to be installed officially on the Windows server for a company. .

Worker communicates with Windchill instance so the connection to the database is done by Windchill, not worker. 

PetrH

Is there something for the AUTOCAD

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AP_10483126)

The product matrix shows AUTOCAD being supported on Windows 10 and 11 (depending on the version.)  The Creo View Adapters will run on a bunch of different operating systems, so it's not the limiting factor.  You may still be able to get the AUTOCAD worker processes running on a server OS, but it would appear it's not officially supported by PTC.

Creo View Adapters 10.1.0.0 Release Matrix - PTC Release Advisor

TomU_0-1712927283364.png

TomU_1-1712927363360.png

Windchill Workgroup Manager 13.0.1.1 Release Matrix - PTC Release Advisor

TomU_2-1712927415070.png

@AP_10483126 

That's a good question for PTC to answer, because in documentation I did not find anywhere, thy are talking about the about OS platform where generic cad worker/Auto CAD worker is supported.

Top Tags