cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

White screen issue

rli
2-Guest
2-Guest

White screen issue

Hi everybody,

Have anyone ever face this issue:

In Windchill embedded browser environment, when do Add objects to workspace/Check in/Check out, it turns to blank white screen with no response, and then click "Refresh" (in the right of the address bar), it will return back to workspace, but the previous action didn't performed, and then redo Add objects to workspace/Check in/Check out, and this time it succeed. I am running Creo2.0 and Windchill 10.2.

Any help will be appreciated!

Rick

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Rick,

Are you using firefox as internal browser?

Try delete .ptcm1912 folder (<Users>\UserProfile\App data\Roaming\PTC) and restart the Creo.

If does not work, also delete the cache folder (.wf folder), this clears the workspace and you will lose all documents were made not upload operation.

Felipe.

Thank you, Felipe.

I will try your solutions to see if it works, I installed both IE9.0 and firefox 30, and config option windows_browser_type set to ie_in_sep_process, so I think the embedded browser should be IE.

Rick

Hi Felipe,

After I tried, the issue still persists, and one of my colleague who doesn't install firefox also have the same issue, it may not related to firefox.

Rick

Rick, you can try to embed firefox browser? I have good experiences both in rapidity as to avoid these small problems.

The tip update datacode is also great.

Hi Felipe,

Today I set the embed firefox browser, and I tried many times Add/Remove objects to/from workspace, so far no white screen issue occurred, but I found the server is easy to offline and remind me to select if switch to offline mode, after click No, it can be back to online, I am not sure if this config option affect it.

My company don't have a plan to update the datecode now, we current use Creo2.0 M080.

Thanks!

Rick

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:rli)

Have you tried using M110 of Creo 2? We had the white screen and also the spinning progress circle. I have installed M110 on about 1/2 dozen users and so far they have not had the problems since. Although it has only been about a month for them it is still encouraging.

rli
2-Guest
2-Guest
(To:STEVEG)

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestions, but now we don't have a plan to update.

Rick

ClausStühmer
4-Participant

Are you using more than one methodserver?

Hi Claus,

No, just one server, thank you!

Rick

ClausStühmer
4-Participant

I've had the same issue during checkin and checkout process. The root cause was a failure of the fvMountValidator process, if you are running PDMLink with more than one methodserver process.
https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case_solution.jsp?n=CS168035&lang=en

Hi Claus,

I've looked the link, but I have no knowledge about methodserver, as I just know there is just one server in my company, I am the end user who use creo and windchill.

I will ask our Windchill administrator to check, thanks!

Rick

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

I know this issue is old, but did you ever find a resolution?  We're having the same issue. 

Hi Mike,

As we changed the machine afterward, this issue didn't happened. Set the "windows_browser_type" to "mozilla_based_browser" may not have the white screen issue, but in my previous machine it will easy to go offline, anyway you can have a try.

Rick

Check Java versions.

Top Tags