cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Why can't I enter the root number in the Create Baseline dialog in TechRevManager?

ckutschke
1-Newbie

Why can't I enter the root number in the Create Baseline dialog in TechRevManager?

I am trying to revision my manual from Revision 045 to start a new one at Revision 046 and I can't for the life of me remember exactly how I did it the last cycle, nor can I find a complete answer in my documentation or notes. I use Arbortext/TechAuthor to edit and TechRevManager/Windchill to revision control. I could have sworn that the last time I did this, I checked in the entire manual and then opened the TechRevManager webapp and used Create Baseline to close off the revision (set elements to Approved, etc.) and reset the current fileset to be Revision 046 (to be published as once all done). However, when I try to use Create Baseline now (i.e., click on my current manual, select Create Baseline), the Root number and Target path fields in the Create Baseline dialog window do not allow entry and I cannot proceed. The message at the bottom of the dialog says the object of the root number must be an EPMDocument Type (how do I find out this and this wasn't an issue the last time afaik) and the Lifecycle State of Root Number must be RELEASED or APPROVED...but I thought the only place to approve anything was by starting the Create Baseline because I do remember changing the status to Approved last time. So somewhere I'm missing a step or something's changed, but I don't know what. Hoping someone can provide some guidance, as well as for how to close off the manual and start new cycle if it's not as above. If I'm in the wrong forum, apologies and please let me know what the correct URL is for this.

Thank-you.

1 REPLY 1

Editing my question above to clarify: R045 (revision 045) is current. I want to "close it off" and start a new revision cycle for revision 046. I thought I could do this using Create Baseline, in effect to now baseline revision 045  files (lock, close off, whatever), and then make the "current" fileset to be what will eventually be published as revision 046.

Top Tags