cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Why doesn't PDMLink do what I tell it to do?

CM10
1-Newbie

Why doesn't PDMLink do what I tell it to do?

There are files in my Workspace that are checked out by another but show that they are modified locally. I can neither "update" the file (update now being totally useless unlike before in Intralink), remove the part, check it out then undo checkout, or download the latest. so, what am I supposed to do with the files? I do NOT want the "modified locally" files getting into Commonspace.

God I wished we'd never gone down this path......

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
AlainGallo
3-Visitor
(To:CM10)

Franck

Since we updated windchill from 9.0 to 9.1, the update of a file don't work anymore. If I wan't to take the commonspace version instead of mine, I need to add it :

Mise_à_jour.JPG

then

Mise_à_jour_2.JPG

Yeah, stupid and frustrating, isn't it? Honestly, I've sen nothing but problems in the 2 different companies I've worked for that went to PDMLink/Windchill from Intralink. Incredible user frustration, drastically reduced productivity, vastly increased cost, far more (and more difficult and costly) server and admin tasks, LOST DATA. The list goes on....... Intralink was a great, easy-to-use, versatile, user-friendly, and powerful tool, In my professional opinion of using vaulting systems for Pro/E for 13+ years, I'd certainly recommend staying on Intralink and saving big $$, hassle, and time.

Top Tags