cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill 10.1 M010 Installation

MikeIbosh
1-Newbie

Windchill 10.1 M010 Installation

Good Afternoon All,
I'm having a real problem getting a 10.1 F000 remote file server installation to update with the CCSDsu update for M010.
First I had to remove a line in the <codebase>\wnclwr.xconf file "<configurationref xlink:href="com/ptc/windchill/edacompare/edacompare.xconf"/">" because the file doesn't exist, then I get the latest error "The model_install.input property must be defined." in the CCSStartUp.log file. In any case the update fails and the Remote MethodServer process will not start afterwards. I have a call open with PTC currently but they have not been able to figure it out either.

Has anyone else SUCCESSFULLY installed Windchill PDMLink/ProjectLink at 10.1 M010 and then been able to install a remote file server without any errors? If you did have errors, what were they and what did you have to do to fix it?

I'm losing my freakin mind here, and this is supposed to be my 9.1 M060 to 10.1 M010 migration test system. I'm losing faith quickly in the M010 update.
Mike
1 REPLY 1

Hi Mike,

I was able to successfully run install_ccsdsu.xml on one of our file servers moving it from 10.1 F000 to 10.1 M010. I didn't get any of the errors you described, but the first time I did get:

Unable to find the Naming Service directory entry

The resolution was to keep WindchillDS running during the install. In the past when we've patched the file servers, we always turn of ALL Windchill services. I guess thepatching procedure is different from updating a M code.

Good luck finding a resolution to your issues.

Top Tags