cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill 12.0.2 Search Missing/Non Functional

icelynnin
10-Marble

Windchill 12.0.2 Search Missing/Non Functional

Windchill PDMLink 12.0.2

We have been seeing sporadic issues with handful of random users not being able to use the search bar in Windchill after an upgrade to 12.0.2, over the past few months.

There is a simple short term fix, which is to refresh the browser page. Sometimes it needs a hard reload (Ctrl F5 in Chrome). This then reloads the UI correctly from the windchill server and search then works once more.

I have seen at least one other person on here report this problem, and appears to be related to Windchill checking license membership periodically and somehow the browser page and not having the up to date information to make a legitimate search attempt (or render the UI correctly) Search bar missing - License Schedule Queue? 

Hoping to see if others have experienced the same so we can hopefully report as a bug in 12.0.2. 

8 REPLIES 8

I saw this issue in 12.1.2 as well. The relevant PTC ticket shows to restart Windchill:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS376346?source=search

After removing some profiles from the users experiencing the issue and adding back to correct profiles the behavior seemed to have stopped. Problem was related to the license profiles that were no longer active.

Restarting Windchill involves taking down enterprise system, and additionally it hasn't permanently resolved the issue.

The user refreshing their web browser is a much simpler short term solution.

We have studied our license profiles and groups and all are being used appropriately. We did have to run a reload/ remove/add back users to troubleshoot issues discovered during out upgrade to v12 as well, and the problem remains.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:icelynnin)

Seeing this issue since updating to Windchill 12.0.2 CPS10 last Friday. We did not have an issue with CPS8 which was installed in January. Had to upgrade to CPS10 to avoid an issue with notifications blocking check-ins. Turned them off with CPS8 but have not turned them back on yet.

Is there a fix from PTC for resolving the issue with the Search 'window' missing? My fix was to add the users to the Windchill Basic license group. They were already in the Advanced license group. One would think the Advanced would have all functionality of the Basic plus more.

Very annoying!

Did you find that refresh/hard reload of browser page resolved it temporarily?

On upgrade to 12.0.2 we did do a full reload of the license groups, but still seeing the missing search tab/functionality periodically

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:icelynnin)

The page refresh did not work. I did not try the ctrl-f5 hard reset in Edge. Next user to complain I will try that.

did you try asking the users clear their browser cache?
maybe its finding something old that does not match...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ScottMorris)

I do not get the search window when I log in as another user on my computer, but I do when I log in as me or wcadmin. 

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:BenLoosli)

That would point to a profile, license or account issue rather than browser cache issue. what about trying adding jcaDebug=true to URL? Prehaps a validator is the cause.

Top Tags