cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Windchill 12 Installation Repository Contains

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Windchill 12 Installation Repository Contains

This is the first time I'm installing WC 12.  for the Repository Contains, Users is prechecked but Groups is not.  If I am doing an upgrade from 11.1, should I also check the Groups box?  Do I need to do anything with the User and Group Filter?  

2023-01-13_14-08-20.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When I upgraded from 11.1 M020 CPS22 to 12.0.2.3 I did the following:

• Users: checked
  • Groups: Unchecked
  • User Filter: uid=*
  • Group Filter: cn=*
    • Actually could have left blank

edit fixed typo...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I have always just left that with the Users check and no filters.

But I have not done a Windchill 11.1 upgrade, just a 11.0 upgrade.

My 11.1 upgrade testing starts in 2 weeks.

My 11.0 system uses groups differently than my 11.1 so I may have to rethink this.

@BenLoosli, I have three different systems to upgrade and one uses groups extensively in workflows.  This one doesn't, but should in the future and I want to try and get the three as close to each other as I can from an admin point.

My 11.0 system was set up by the prior admin and has been upgraded from Windchill 8 to 9 to 9.1 to 10 to 11. He used DS groups. When I set up the Windchill 11.1 system, upgraded from 11.0, I used Wihdchill  groups.

That may be why I will need to check the Groups repository for the 11.1 upgrade.

Thank you for letting me know where to look for groups in Windhcill.  I usually set them up in Windchill and all of the ones that I have done are that way.  I too inherited these systems, so I will have to look at the setup.  11.0 didn't use licenses did it?  So would all the License Groups make a difference?  I'll see if they are there when I look.

When I upgraded from 11.1 M020 CPS22 to 12.0.2.3 I did the following:

• Users: checked
  • Groups: Unchecked
  • User Filter: uid=*
  • Group Filter: cn=*
    • Actually could have left blank

edit fixed typo...

@RandyJones, is the User Filter necessary?  What does that do?  I am curious because Ben hadn't used it.

I am going from 11.1.2.28 to 12.1.2.0.

Top Tags