cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Windchill 13 Installation on Linux

Tushar_5009
4-Participant

Windchill 13 Installation on Linux

Dear Community,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a Windchill 13 installation on a fresh RHEL 8.9 system.

Any information, experiences, or advice you can offer would be immensely helpful as I navigate this installation process.

If anyone has documentation, it would be highly valuable.

Thanks,

Tushar.

4 REPLIES 4

Make sure you are using some backup strategy and installation settings that will make cloning easier. Use a starting path that is consistent from installation to installation so that you always know where things are installed. Create a dedicated user who will run the app (a non-user account) and always use sudo to interact with it. When done, create your systemctl scripts to ensure things start up properly on restart. Be sure that ports are open and you can connect to DB before starting. Ensure that you close them down when done to only what you need. Perhaps setup some virtual hostname for the application and not use the default linux hostname.  I am sure there are tons more tips. Oh, screen shot everything.

Thanks @avillanueva  for your guidance prior to installation.

I would also caution that as of today, only short term releases are available for 13. The long term release is slated for release soon. You may want to consider waiting for that. It could mean the difference of using a version supported for 6 months compared to up to 48 months. 

Hi @Tushar_5009 

Reading the installation guide is very helpful, refer to https://www.ptc.com/cn/support/article/CS44937

• Do not use root user to install windchill
  • It is best not to include spaces in the path
  • Make backups

Top Tags