cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Windchill Adobe sign integration

Jenko
4-Participant

Windchill Adobe sign integration

Is there any way possible to integrate Adobe sign into windchill to gain digital signatures on word documents which will the be primary content.?

7 REPLIES 7
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:Jenko)

With enough money and customization, anything is possible. Does Windchill's out of the box "Electronic Signature" mechanism for workflows not satisfy your organization's needs?

Jenko
4-Participant
(To:jbailey)

I am looking for a 'wet look' digital signature on a word document which ends up as a .PDF

jbailey
17-Peridot

You can upload a signature file for Windchill users and pull that. That being said, I don't understand why organizations invest in a digital tool like Windchill and then require pieces of paper to look like they came across someone's desk to sign it.

Hi @jbailey 

I can understand your concern, but if you want to send some documents outside the organization and organization wants to meet some security rules you need some trust thread that is met. 

For example all PDF files has to be signed by trusted authority etc.

PetrH

Yeah, it would be nice if PTC provided a mechanism to tie their "electronic signature" function to the CA of your WC certs or in a case where you are doing MFA with a PiV card, use the cert from the user. 

Jenko
4-Participant
(To:jbailey)

Thanks for the reply, 

I assume you are referring to the WinnCom plug-in to pull the signature file?

jbailey
17-Peridot

For some reason, I was thinking you could do it with AEM forms - but I cannot find the reference. Yes, you could do it with Wincom Coversheet

Top Tags