cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windchill Comparing two CAD Document Structures

Juha_Kokko
7-Bedrock

Windchill Comparing two CAD Document Structures

As per the original post

I also just had the need to check which CAD parts have changed within a CAD assembly.

I did not find any easy way to do this.  

4 REPLIES 4

This could certainly be done.

What’s the use case?

Compare one level or all levels of two iterations of the same assembly?

It would require writing code to do the compare but that’s not a problem.

Can you describe in detail how you see the tool being run and what you need for output.

This was a very special requirement from a collogue, who needs to update the Excel BOM for a customer (their own format) based on CAD design changes.

I was expecting thinking of going to version history of the assembly and do "compare structure" like you cad do in history of WTPart. In the result I would expect to see which sub-parts have been added/removed/modified, especially interesting is the next level below..

I certainly agree with Graham that we need coding to compare two iterations.

If you want to keep it simple, you can just check the modified stamp of assembly and its component. If components are saved later than assembly means components are latest than assembly. 

Regards

Ajit 

Yes... it does not make sense to compare two assembly iterations with latest structure filter but either "as saved" against "latest" or using a baseline. In the same way as in PSB I can use effectivity filters.

For me this is a small gap, but as a quite special case not worth customizing. 

Top Tags