cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Windchill Parameters - Queries on Advanced Logic Selection

HR_10750679
8-Gravel

Windchill Parameters - Queries on Advanced Logic Selection

Hello Community,

I added few parameters to my assembly and did Configure action. I stumbled upon the below queries, please shed some light if you can.

i) If a Parameter is not mapped to any attribute, does it still have any significance? If yes, please explain how. 

ii) As per below statement from PTC, what is the purpose of adding parameters after the page break?

If at least one page break has been defined for the topmost configurable module, then only the input parameters for the first page of this configurable module are processed.

iii)Statement: Adding child resolution would process the parameters for the child configurable module first. Query: I see the child parameters and parent parameters appearing in the same page of Set Parameters tab, then how the process is done first for the child?

Thanks in advance.

Sha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HR_10750679)

a parameter can be used in other parameters value  calculation , it can also be mapped to choice .

Fede

Hello @Fadel ,

Driving a parameter with another parameter, I did it with the help of Constraints tab. Please tell me how a parameter can be mapped to choice and control the selection.

Top Tags