cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Windchill - Tools\Refresh Workspace

ClaudiuCraciun
6-Contributor

Windchill - Tools\Refresh Workspace

Hi,

Can somobedy explain me what this function is doing?

\Tools\Refresh Workspace

I was expected the refresh to update the Compare Status or Out of Date in case that somebody update a model in Commonspace.

Am I wrong?

Synchonize is the only way to get the Compare Status and Out of Date updated?

From my point when I connect to a workspace or when somebody change status or create a new iteration for a CAD this automatically need to be reflected in the compare status ad out of date of teh file store into my workspace.

Thx,

CC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here's a message I got a while back from PTC tech support:

Hi Domingo,

Update : Update action updates out of date objects. Brings workspace files current with latest iterations available on server.

Synchronize: This action refreshes workspace items that have become stale due to more recent changes on the server that are not specific to the iteration (for example, name changes). Freshens workspace files with latest information from the server(for example, attribute modifications done by you in a standalone Windchill session).

Refresh: Refresh shows updates in share status, general status, local workspace status and general status. Refer page 33/34 for details on these status @ http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/138058/en/ProEWCInteg.pdf

Also refer Keeping Workspace Objects Up-to-Date page 32. This document has more information.

Sincerely,
Anu

Anu Vikash

Senior Engineer - Technical Support

1-800-477-6435 (N. America)

1-800-233-4599 (India)

E- -

1. PTC.COM

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Here's a message I got a while back from PTC tech support:

Hi Domingo,

Update : Update action updates out of date objects. Brings workspace files current with latest iterations available on server.

Synchronize: This action refreshes workspace items that have become stale due to more recent changes on the server that are not specific to the iteration (for example, name changes). Freshens workspace files with latest information from the server(for example, attribute modifications done by you in a standalone Windchill session).

Refresh: Refresh shows updates in share status, general status, local workspace status and general status. Refer page 33/34 for details on these status @ http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/138058/en/ProEWCInteg.pdf

Also refer Keeping Workspace Objects Up-to-Date page 32. This document has more information.

Sincerely,
Anu

Anu Vikash

Senior Engineer - Technical Support

1-800-477-6435 (N. America)

1-800-233-4599 (India)

E- -

1. PTC.COM
Top Tags