cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill base license - WTpart creation

SV_10063132
4-Participant

Windchill base license - WTpart creation

Hello,

Could anyone confirm if the Windchill 12 base license can create and manage WTpart? I am being told only Windchill advanced license can create WTpart since it has EBOM management feature. 

My understanding was that Wtpart creation is part of the core PDM functionality included in base licenses. We were planning to use base license for all design engineers to auto associate Wtpart during check-in process. and use advanced license for the BOM planning team and Managers.  

Kindly confirm as per your experience.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:SV_10063132)

Nope , it doesn't allow it at least on 12.1 :

Fadel_0-1700291604262.png

Fede

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:SV_10063132)

Nope , it doesn't allow it at least on 12.1 :

Fadel_0-1700291604262.png

Fede

Base license does allow for creating WTParts via auto-associate. So a design engineer would need Base license AND the Creo Data Management license, assuming you are using Creo.

That will allow the design engineer to check in a file with auto-associate selected, and the WTPart will get created.

To create WTParts directly (not auto-associate) or to edit a WTPart, you would need more than just the Base and Creo Data Management. 

Correct but for full features, you'll need Windchill Advanced license:

avillanueva_0-1700505888115.png

There will always be cases where you will need to edit or create Parts. Cannot assume that all can be done via auto-associate.

Top Tags