cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

changed AD server, now domain users can't log in

egifford
4-Participant

changed AD server, now domain users can't log in

Windchill PDMLink 10.0 M030, running on Windows, connecting to Microsoft AD for user authentication

I change the specified AD server in both the EnterpriseLdap info Engine adapter and app-Windchill-AuthProvider.xml under <apache>/conf/extra, ran ant -f webAppConfig.xml regenAllWebApps from a WindchillShell set to the Apache directory. In the AuthProvider file I hadalso changed (objectClass=*) to (objectClass=user) for the EnterpriseLdap service. rebooted, no domain user could log in. So I switched everything back (renaming a copy of the original AuthProvider.xml back to make it active), ran the ant command, changed the Info Engine Adapter etc. Rebooted. Unchanged - no domain user can log in. admin users from the AdministrativeLdap still work fine.

So, question is, what did I screw up? Followed instructions from PTC. Is it possible changing the ObjectClass specified in the Authprovider.xml file screwed something up that doesn't get corrected by changing it back?

Did this to verify we can easily change the AD server specified if the one specified should go down. Was also trying to limit the AD data pulled in to users so I'm not pulling groups, PC names etc. - which it had been to this point.

Anyway, right now my users can only work in offline mode until I get this fixed - not very effective.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Erik

2 REPLIES 2

Have you verified that the data in app-Windchill-Auth.conf is correct?
egifford
4-Participant
(To:egifford)

fix wasa correctionin the apache conf file (and authprovider.xml)

This :

AuthLDAPURL

"ldap://domain_controller_name:3268/CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"

Should have been this:

AuthLDAPURL

"ldap://domain_controller_name:3268/DC=domain,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)"

Top Tags