cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

database from INTRALINK 3.4 M070 to Windchill PDM Essentials (Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M030-CPS20)?

mamobono
6-Contributor

database from INTRALINK 3.4 M070 to Windchill PDM Essentials (Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M030-CPS20)?

anyone knows the steps to migrate to INTRALINK 3.4 M070 PTC Windchill PDM Essentials (Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M030-CPS20)

it comes to pass from one Oracle database to SQL

a consultant told me that you have to extract individual files from INTRALINK and then reinsert
but it would be too long to work and I can not believe

I understand that this is a forum and not the assistance, but maybe someone has already done this enterprise
and can give me a hint

TY

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mamobono)

The consultant is correct, accept it!

The schemas are so different that there is no conversion program between the 2 systems. Also, the file vaults are organized differently.

When we migrated from Intralink 3.3 to Windchill 7 12 years ago, we exported everything from Intralink, ran the files through a Modelcheck batch job to update parameters for Windchill, then batch imported the files into Windchill. You have to import the files in a certain order to get all of the linkages correct. There are also some Windchill parameters that need set for the batch job run that you do NOT want set for interactive use.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Gianmario Bonola wrote:

anyone knows the steps to migrate to INTRALINK 3.4 M070 PTC Windchill PDM Essentials (Windchill PDMLink 10.2 M030-CPS20)

it comes to pass from one Oracle database to SQL

a consultant told me that you have to extract individual files from INTRALINK and then reinsert
but it would be too long to work and I can not believe

I understand that this is a forum and not the assistance, but maybe someone has already done this enterprise
and can give me a hint

TY

PTC has the "Pro/INTRALINK Data Migrator" which will migrate your data from Intralink 3.x to Windchill PDMLink or Windchill Intralink. This tool will migrate the entire history of Intralink 3.x into Windchill. It also migrates the file vault(s).

I used this tool to migrate from Intralink 3.4 M060 to Windchill PDMLink 9.1 M050 several years ago. It worked good. That being said it took me several practice runs using test servers and multiple calls to tech support to get the process down.

Link to admin guide:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/157210/en/ProIDataMigrator.pdf

It appears that Windchill 10.2 M030 is the last supported release of Windchill for this tool. You can find it in the Software downloads for Windchill PDMLink or Pro/INTRALINK:

data_migrator.png

mamobono
6-Contributor
(To:RandyJones)

thanks but I only see this among the downloadable software
ask for assistance
I have 6,000 drawings to import !!
I thought of going through other release,
I can not think that the developers have not provided the move

Good weekend

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

Since you have Intralink 3.4 do you should have a Pro/INTRALINK download option?

proi_data_migrator.png

mamobono
6-Contributor
(To:RandyJones)

perhaps I understand the problem.

my license in assistance is to pdm essentials and so I dont see INTRALINK

i will ask for assistance

thank you

errata /corrige the numbers of files to import is 30.000

Top Tags