cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

document rename not updating in task headlines

RR_10661622
4-Participant

document rename not updating in task headlines

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 11.1 and Datecode with CPS M020 CPS28

when user updated document with new name it not reflecting in the upcoming task headline but in the subject it does.

Here are the errors that I faced
document rename not updating task headline.when user updated document with new name it not reflecting in the upcoming task headline but in the subject it does.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RR_10661622 

You could write a code to do so. Activation event is up to you if it is during a workflow or by listener that is activated during WTDocument rename action.

PetrH

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:RR_10661622)

Hi @RR_10661622 and welcome to the PTC Community. 

I'd suggest to add a reply to your own post with a few screenshots and details. I will help other users to engage and try to help you. 

For reference, here is a guideline to help you: How to Ask a Good Question - PTC Community

Olivier
RR_10661622
4-Participant
(To:olivierlp)

07.03.24rfq naming correction.png

observe the name that E24-025 not updated as E24-045 which is new name of the object.

Hi @RR_10661622 ,

As my suggestion simply you can try windchill shell : windchill stop then clear all the cache and logs  then start the windchill ,it will work

otherwise some thing issue in workflow task ,

and workaround you can try this (edit the DB side the subject text)  ! before you can try this test database !

Thanks & Regard

Sarathkumar M 

Sarathkumar M

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. But user will need to rename every time based on input from team so every time the object we can't edit manually in the db's.. Any other possibilities?? 

Hi @RR_10661622 

The point is that the task is generated on the start of the process and the task name is saved/stored

Change name of the WTDocument object does not update the name of the task and will never do it. 

PetrH

any customization possibilities to achieve it ?..

Hi @RR_10661622 

You could write a code to do so. Activation event is up to you if it is during a workflow or by listener that is activated during WTDocument rename action.

PetrH

Hello @RR_10661622

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags