cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

fileMap.csv issues during migration

ptc-141591
1-Newbie

fileMap.csv issues during migration

I am doing a rehearsal migration, combining three 3.4 databases into a single 9.1 Intralink database.

The first two databases migrated without issue. The third was going fine until the FileTransfer step. I'm using the withMapFile=true and doFileTransfer=false settings and using the fileMap.csv file to move the content files manually. This worked great for the first two databases. With the third database, I have over 89,000 files listed in the fileMap.csv file that do not exist in the 3.4 database. I determined this by comparing each source file in the fileMap.csv file to the contents of a 3.4 Object Report for that database. The files do not physically exist on the 3.4 side and are not referenced in the 3.4 Object Report.

Another tidbit is that the output from the MigrationStatus report for the first two databases had an exact match in the Files count and the number of entries in their corresponding fileMap.csv files. With this last database, the Files count in the MigrationStatus report looks correct, but doesn't match the fileMap.csv count.

Has anyone seen issues with phantom entries in the fileMap.csv file? Is there any way for me to query 9.1 with the hashed 9.1 file name to determine what 9.1 thinks these objects really are?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags