cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

find out of date CAD files

fvdm64
4-Participant

find out of date CAD files

Is there a way to find all out of date cad files with a search?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:fvdm64)

That's not an out of date CAD file but an out of date representation. It was published with latest but some dependent was updated which makes this representation out of date. There is a schedule job that you can run to republish out of date representations. To your original question, if you are looking for them in search, no, since these are representations which are not searchable. Are you looking to write a query to find these? Then it would be possible if you wrote a query to find EPMDocuments that had out of date representations and then joined that to a search. 

avillanueva_0-1681218228190.png

Link an EPMDocument search to related object search.

avillanueva_1-1681218377420.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @fvdm64 

Your question is not clear . 

You need to specify what does it means "out-of-date" for you.

Generally all objects in the system are latest or not latest but , it does not mean it is out-of-date.. 

What is your perspective ? 

PetrH

fvdm64
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hereby a screenshot of what i mean..

fvdm64_0-1681217144768.png

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

That's not an out of date CAD file but an out of date representation. It was published with latest but some dependent was updated which makes this representation out of date. There is a schedule job that you can run to republish out of date representations. To your original question, if you are looking for them in search, no, since these are representations which are not searchable. Are you looking to write a query to find these? Then it would be possible if you wrote a query to find EPMDocuments that had out of date representations and then joined that to a search. 

avillanueva_0-1681218228190.png

Link an EPMDocument search to related object search.

avillanueva_1-1681218377420.png

Top Tags