cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

info*engine implementation how to do , i am newbe in plm as well as winchill

mprasad
9-Granite

info*engine implementation how to do , i am newbe in plm as well as winchill

info*engine  implementation how to  do , i am newbe in plm as well as winchill

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Info*Engine works with webjects; xml files that work as a query on data.

Webjects can live on a server and be executed by calling a web page (JSP page). They can contain also Java.

Webjects can also be created and executed by Java api code and are pretty powerful. They just return info.

You can find plenty of material on Info*Engine, I suggest to start reading the manual (Info*Engine Users guide).

It is fun working with that material but the syntax must be very respectect. I used it in the past to do a huge query for all wtparts that are in a certain status.

Regards, Bernard

I would start with - what is your use case for Info*Engine implementation? Is if for integration with any other data systems?

Also Start reading from architecture from here - http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=DOORSChp_ArchInteractIE&action=show

tvaz
6-Contributor
(To:BineshKumar1)

Hi Binesh,

We are using Windchill Info engine task which is used for integration with other data system using SOAP client. However when this info engine task is being invoked we need a way to send the acknowledgement message back to the client if it was successful or not. For eg: When the client requests for download of files from Windchill, the info engine task should send an acknowledgement to the client that the download was successful. Are there any specific webjects to be included in IE task to achieve this. Or what is the correct way of doing it? Please advise.

Top Tags