cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

[proesys] - [proecad] - Export CAD from Windchill

TomU
23-Emerald IV

[proesys] - [proecad] - Export CAD from Windchill

In case you missed it, the original question was how to get Creo data out of Windchill without using Creo or a workspace.

Tom U.
4 REPLIES 4

A Package would be an option to get the CAD out without using Creo or a Workspace.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

I should mention too that if he WAS going to use Creo, I think Ryan's method is the better one.

Doing a file backup will only bring along files currently in session and required by the item being backed up. It won't bring drawings (assuming the assembly is open), it won't bring any suppressed components, it won't bring copy geometry references, etc.

Also, to disconnect from Windchill is as simple as double clicking on "No Server" in the server manager window. You certainly don't have to shut down and fire back up with a different cache location just to work on stuff outside of Windchill.

My 2 cents worth. 🙂

Tom U.
davehaigh
11-Garnet

Obviously if you want the drawing you would back up the drawing.
Same with export I would pick the drawing.

Why would you pick the assembly. I don't see the advantage?

David Haigh
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Hi,

Not an endorsement from PTC or myself since I have not tried it personally, but Wincom Consulting, a PTC Software Partner, has a solution for this called CAD Direct Download. Has anyone looked into solutions from the PTC Partner community?

Otherwise, I am right there with Steve. Its not the most elegant workflow for what is being requested, but Windchill Packages does allow you to collect the needed or required files and create a ZIP. More importantly, it creates a documented record of what was exported, by who and when.

This request sounds more like a file sharing application; Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc.

-Scott

Top Tags