cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

roll back new part

DCG
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

roll back new part

I have a user who would like to roll back a new part to yesterday.  It is new, so never checked in.  Is there a way to roll back a new part in a Workspace?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:DCG)

@DCG 

You're right,

It revert the workspace, but after the reverse you can pickup your part, save them locally and then revert the workspace back and open/save the part in old state.

And yes, it is not possible to revert just one part from ws a way you would like to.

PetrH

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Not directly.

The  user workspace only contains 1 copy of the file.

There maybe an unreferenced iteration in the upload cache folder. but finding it would be a needle in a haystack search.

This is assuming that you have upload with save turned on.

Alos their local cache may have an iteration, but those are even harder to find.

DCG
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:BenLoosli)

Upload with save is turned on.  But the version always shows as 1.1 for a new part.  

I didn't think there was a way but seems like it should be easy for Windchill to do this with a new part.  

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @DCG 

It is possible just only if you have set preference Workspace Frame Stack Size 

HelesicPetr_0-1701763328566.png

Default is zero.

Then you can go back rollback last numbers of saves. 

PetrH

DCG
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:HelesicPetr)

Thank you PetrH.  That rolls back the entire Workspace.  I'm looking to roll back just one part (that's not even checked in yet).  Seems simple enough, but impossible to do.  

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@DCG 

You're right,

It revert the workspace, but after the reverse you can pickup your part, save them locally and then revert the workspace back and open/save the part in old state.

And yes, it is not possible to revert just one part from ws a way you would like to.

PetrH

DCG
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:HelesicPetr)

That is a good trick!  I'll have to try it next time.  Have you ever had trouble going forward in frames after going backward?

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @DCG 

No, I have no issue with the frames if the frame limit is under 100 frames. 

If the value of the frames is more then 100 then I have had experience with performance issue .

PetrH

Top Tags