cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

standalone background server

zhangstefanie
1-Newbie

standalone background server

I have a problem that how to install a standalone background server to deal the queues , I have no idea.

7 REPLIES 7

post you test wt.propertise file.

I am sorry ,The testing environment has been destroyed, and can you tell me the overview of the install a standalone backgound server for a production system?

Are you looking to add another background method server? If so, does your server have enough memory and processing power to handle the additional overhead? Need to keep things like this in mind when adding additional background method servers. If so, let me know and I can give you an example of what to add to your wt.properties file.

- Patrick

The system admin guide has information how to create background method servers. Ofcourse you need to evaluate first whether your environment can handle this. I configures 2 background method server, one specially for Workflow queues and other one for rest of the queues.

Agreed with Preeti. Before you go making changes you will need to make sure that your server can handle the change. I have 4 method servers running, but my server has 64 gigs of ram and 4 quad core processors. I spent a lot of time tuning the server.

- Patrick

Perhaps I haven't explained my requirement clearly yet. I mean I want to configure a backgroud server on another server different from master server. Thanks for your advice.

wow...thats an idea...i have not tried this kind of stuff but i can suggest you what you can try

lets call master as 1 and BG server as 2

this will look like a cluster configuration and 1 as the master and 2 as the slave. so you will need to update all the properties as given in the Advance deployment guide for configuring a cluster. This way you will have 2 running as the slave with FGMS and 1 running as the master with the BGMS..

there you go...!!

(don't try it on any production machine...please...if you do...don't call me lol )

Top Tags