cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

the improvement of deleting unwanted data

TI_10718595
4-Participant

the improvement of deleting unwanted data

Data deletion cannot be performed due to many Referential Integrity Violation Error. (If even one error occurs, it returns to the beginning of the previous process.)
Please make it simple to delete data.

5 REPLIES 5

This should be submitted as an idea, not a general post. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TI_10718595)

Always start any deletion from Windchill at the top, either the drawing or assembly, and work your way down.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

After some years of having Windchill in production, in retrospect it would be smart to advice engineers to do cleanup every now and then, but who has the time really to do this sort of non-productive work where you immediately are faced with the referential integrity violations popping up.

Now there's soon terabyte worth of stuff in file vaults as everything is checked in. All the references make it impossible to do really anything about it.

What would be nice, for us at least, is to be able to select the baselines with the contents you need to keep and all the rest of iterations could be just deleted for good. Maybe I'm not thinking this through, but I don't see why all the 'drafts' would need to be stored forever.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:HJ1)

Hi @HJ1 

Have you ever tried a purge management?

This can help with your old non needed data. 

PetrH

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi,

yes, just did in test environment with a simple set of EPMDocs Modified six years ago in August...

HJ1_0-1707396964530.png

Top Tags