cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

windchill upload error

rvijaykumar
1-Newbie

windchill upload error

When  I am trying upload the cad the file in local directory to Windchill work-space, I am getting an error as " file is not unique"   and when I am searching  with same part in windchill server I am able to view any file in same name.

9 REPLIES 9

You are able to view the file with same number or not?

no such file in windchill Server. I uploading it for first time.

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:rvijaykumar)

REDDIYAAR vijaykumar‌, this is common when some other user also has already uploaded a file with the same NUMBER, but they have not checked it in yet.  In general, only the admin user can see files that are uploaded to Windchill but not yet checked in for the first time.

Do you have administrator access to the system?  If not, have an admin search for that NUMBER that you're trying to upload.

Even I guess, can you help me out in performing admin search

Do you have the Windchill Administrator Credentials?

no

As Ben mentioned only Admin user can see files that are uploaded to Windchill but not yet checked in. Ask your Windchill System Admin to search for the object you are trying to upload.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:bkontham)

Are you checking in a new family table instance?  If so, it's possible that you have a Number conflict.

Why: The Number of a newly created instance matches the Number of an instance already existing on the server. 

Solution: When renaming or creating instances it is important to rename the "Name, File Name and Number". 

Also Keep the Number in Uppercase letters followed by .DRW or .PRT

Ex. 1234A5678.DRW

Top Tags