cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Reverse zoom direction of scroll wheel?

MikeFoster
2-Guest

Reverse zoom direction of scroll wheel?

Anyone know if it's possible to reverse the zoom direction when using the scroll wheel?

In Pro/E rolling the wheel towards you zooms in whereas in every other application I use it zooms out.

I understand PTC's thinking in that by rolling the wheel you're manipulating the object however the de facto standard of every other app assumes you're manipulating the eye point.

Thanks,

Mike Foster
ATK
8 REPLIES 8

Wow...five years and no response.

FWIW, I second Mike's request (new user here).  Inventor allows you to SELECT which way you want to zoom...just sayin'

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ssywak)

There are some solutions in this post.

Re: How to reverse the mouse wheel zoom

Thank you for the information.

The AHK looks like the most sensible solution, but my company prohibits me from downloading and installing the AHK code.  The others either look too kludgy, and/or imply that they, too, need me to install something.

I just need a simple switch I can set in the CREO setup!

I take it that PTC doesn’t frequent the communities here, and/or they just don’t care about this feature (or lack thereof)?

cribsz
12-Amethyst
(To:MikeFoster)

In Creo 3.0 there is a config.pro option

USE_INVERTED_MOUSEWHEEL_ZOOM yes

hth

Since this is the first post I happened upon in the search for a resolution to the "Inverted Mousewheel Zoom" question,

I thought a redirect to the correct (more recent) Creo Support Article might be helpful:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS133100

• Starting in Creo Parametric 3.0
    • Set config.pro option use_inverted_mousewheel_zoom to yes
  • Not part of the functionality of Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 and Creo Parametric 1.0 - 2.0

This is how you invert your mouse scroll wheel watch video.

If that doesn't work

right click the the window on configuration editor click add

click find

type wheel 

click last option (use_inverted_mousewheel...)

click add/change

then scroll down in the window until you find use_inverted_mousewheel...

select yes for the value

click ok

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:MikeFoster)

Ah, so you're a Solidworks guy....  🙂

Me, I want to be able to reverse the zoom on everything else.  To me, it's FAR more natural the way Creo does it.  I mean, if you physically pull a book, or a map, or an object towards you (like the mouse wheel), it gets visually bigger, right?  I HATE Google maps in particular for that, but thankfully, since I use AutoCAD for checking, I was able to fix that like Creo.

It's an easy setting for your config.pro file, I saw it below.

Top Tags