cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Anti-Aliasing

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Anti-Aliasing

OpenGl Full Screen Anti-Aliasing

enable_fsaa

Enable OpenGL full screen anti-aliasing.

off

Options are: off, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x. The default is off.

The models look much better with it on, the issue is going to be large assemblies.

I don't know what the performance hit is. Has anyone tested this?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
bfrandsen
6-Contributor
(To:davehaigh)

I have set it to 4x and see no performance penalty on NVIDIA 880M cards and newer. We have a few older graphics cards, which is we I did not set it higher.
One small annoyance is in drawings where you have to curser of a text/dimension to anti-alias the screen after a zoom operation with the scroll wheel. When you delete text/dimension their anti-aliased shadows will also stay until you trigger another anti-alias update.

/Bjarne
Top Tags