cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Specify thread major diameter in fractional inches for external UNC UNF threads.

JimTVancouverCa
1-Newbie

Specify thread major diameter in fractional inches for external UNC UNF threads.

Hello all,

It seems Creo supports the display on a drawing of the major diameter of an interal thread as a fractional value natively, but not for external cosmetic threads as an engineering feature. See attached pdf for brief overview.

In our library I found examples of external threads with fractional major diameters, but they were faked, i.e. it was not a parametric driven directly by the feature creation.

I did a search for this issue here and at ptc communities, and in PTC support. Officially PTC CS155631 says this isn't supported, but I just wanted to see if anyone in the community had any thoughts on this matter.

Anyone have any comment?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I am with PTC on this one. I wish that there was a way to create external
threads and have it show up as a note on the drawing.

Michael P. Locascio

Top Tags