cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

A problem has been encountered with the browser

byork
17-Peridot

A problem has been encountered with the browser

Has any seen this error? "A problem has been encountered with the browser. Please restart application to access the browser again." Only some users get this error some of the time.Anyone know what may be causing it?

Using Creo 2.0 M130 and PDMLink 10.2 M020

Thanks in Advance!

6 REPLIES 6

We have an ongoing call that sounds related to this (we’ve gotten a lot of good data and suggestions from tech support that we’re still wading through). I think another message is disconnected browser.

Are you using in process browser settings? Browser in a separate window?

Brian Krieger
byork
17-Peridot
(To:byork)

Brian,

We are usingIE_IN_SEP_PROCESS and I know one of the users is floating the browser.

Brian

One of the suggestions was to use in process. None of our in window browser users are having the issue. While not the cause per se, I wonder if it at the least exacerbates it. Here’s the list of suggestions from PTC to try (and a couple other that I can’t readily find).

* Check that the users are working with config windows_browser_type=ie_in_process (and verify which version of IE is installed on their systems and that it is a supported version)
* Update mouse drivers with latest from mouse vendor
* Update graphics drivers with certified versions for their graphics card (this is a known issue that is quite commonly the cause behind the above types of problems)
* Apply the latest MS IE security updates (at a minimum KB2976627)
* Disable Creo Toolkit applications and/or customizations if any are running and see if the behavior persists
* Update from Creo 2.0 M100 to M130 (I think you said you’re on 130……….and 150 is out now).
* Check whether the ptc_ie_server.exe process is near 1.6GB in its usage of working memory and 3GB of virtual memory because at these limits it can encounter problems

BK
davehaigh
11-Garnet

I believe that config option is not correct. It should be:
windows_browser_type ie_in_sep_process

This option forces IE to run in 32bit mode. Yes you should have it. 64bit IE has issues.

David Haigh
byork
17-Peridot

Thanks Guys.

For elimination reasons PTC support asked me to switch one of my users to the Mozilla browser which I reluctantly did. I am with Daivd on the ie_in_process as it will run the x64 version on IE which breaks the java applets unless you have installed the x64 bit version of Java.

cmarquardt
6-Contributor

We have had this same issue for at least the last 6 months.  This originally occurred on the Mozilla browser for us, but it also occurs on IE_IN_SEP_PROCESS the only workaround we have found is to use IE_IN_PROCESS instead.

I think there is an SPR out there right now trying to solve this issue.  (I don't have permission to view the SPR, but it is 4996533)  I was slowly moving the users who were getting the error to in_process, and as such was not getting the error as often so PTC kind of suspended my case.  However, I just received the error again from a new user this morning, so now I can again justify opening what is now the longest standing case I have ever had with PTC.

*Edit to add SPR number for reference purposes.  It took a long time for us to get PTC to connect the dots to this SPR, so hopefully this helps anyone else having the issue.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags