cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mechanism Connection Question

ShandRonnie
5-Regular Member

Mechanism Connection Question

I need help to create a mechanism connection to keep the bucket of an earth moving machine parallel to the ground.

When I use the pin connection I get the axis and translation option, but the translation option does not have an orient. It aligns/mate the 2 planes to be coincident.

I cannot find a constraint to orient the bucket so it is always level to the ground as the boom arms move up/down/forward/back

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronnie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Ronnie,

Use geometric constraints i.e. plane to plane

Cordially,

Dr. Andreas Vlahinos

Advanced Engineering Solutions, LLC

4547 N. Lariat Dr.

Castle Rock, CO 80108

303-814-0455 Office

720-838-0455 Cell

ShandRonnie
5-Regular Member
(To:ShandRonnie)

I got the answer back from PTC technical support.

The solution to get the orient option is to use the "General" mechanism constraint.

Thanks!
Ronnie Shand
Top Tags