cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo Simulate and PDMLink

cc-2
6-Contributor

Creo Simulate and PDMLink

Hello all,

is there anyone who has "integrated" Creo Simulate file into Windchill.

I understand that the result file which could be a few GB big will not be uploaded into Windchill but there are other types of file generated which could be useful to have along with the WTpart.

I am trying to define a process.

So far we have this

The CAD designer creates his design model and set it to an appropriate State in PDMLink

The FEA engineer creates a FEA Model using Inheritance features from the Design Model

The FEA engineer remove what is not needed from the Design Model (eg some cosmetic such as chamfer/radius)

The FEA engineer applies its constraints, load, mesh, conditions etc... This generates some files which we are hoping to manage in PDMLink and that they are seen by PDMLink as dependencies of the FEA Model which will be checked in to PDMLink.

At the moment we are investigating what is the best way to manage in PDMLink all those data and dependencies.

The picture we have with the above is that by looking at the Design Model one can see there is an inherated which is a FEA model (because of its name, or location).

In case of a future change, or a customer complains, we can quickly go back to what the FEA designer has done.

Obviously a report is created and added to the WTPart but the report could be "disconnected" from the constraints created by the FEA engineering. With our process we are hoping that we can quickly know what the FEA engineer has done at a given time in the past.

I hope this makes sense to all and you can provide me some feedback and compare with how you currently work.

Thank you and best regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

In Creo 1.0, PTC developed the means of saving Creo Simulate results into WC. Mainly, we have the ability to save the Simulate results file and various report (HTML) files into the workspace to check into WC.

I would be happy to walk you through the process. Please send me an email to - and we can schedule a time to demonstrate the process.

Note: During this process we do not save the complete results folder, but the details results reports. This helps address your comments related to large files managed in WC.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark.

I have the same problem above, but today not 2014 : -)

Do you have any tips ?

Cheers

Chris

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Hi Mark

thank you for your email. this is great news. I am glad you do not upload the results folder into PDMLink !!! the IT department would not be pleased about it lol

Thank also for the invitation. I will take advantage of it but not right now. Thank you and have a good day

Best regards

In Reply to Mark Fischer:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

In Creo 1.0, PTC developed the means of saving Creo Simulate results into WC. Mainly, we have the ability to save the Simulate results file and various report (HTML) files into the workspace to check into WC.

I would be happy to walk you through the process. Please send me an email to - and we can schedule a time to demonstrate the process.

Note: During this process we do not save the complete results folder, but the details results reports. This helps address your comments related to large files managed in WC.

Thanks,

Mark

Top Tags